Friday, January 16, 2009

Spinach Lasagna

When I met DH, he told me that he'd have to make his spinach lasagna for me. I think I wanted to throw up a little, but smiled and nodded because I was smitten. The day came and he made it. I tried it and was IN LOVE! It's truly fantastic and super easy to make :) For your pleasure, my DH's spinach lasagna :)

Spinach Lasagna

Ingredients:


  • ½ lb lasagna noodles
  • 1 lb ricotta
  • 1 c Monterey Jack
  • parsley, fresh
  • ½ c grated parmesan
  • 20 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
  • Sauce

Instructions:


Cover bottom of lasagna pan with 1/3 of the sauce. Arrange layer of uncooked noodles on bottom. Cover with second 1/3 of the sauce. Combine ricotta, parmesan and spinach and spoon ½ of the mixture over the noodles. Put a second layer of noodles over the cheese mixture, then the rest of the cheese mixture. Cover with the remaining sauce. Top with the Monterey Jack. Cover with foil, domed so that the cheese doesn’t stick to the top.


Bake 45 Minutes at 375 degrees.


Remove foil and bake 20 minutes more.


Allow to set for ½ hour before cutting to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment