Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lemon – Pepper Chicken

Okay, I love this dish. I learned how to make this in college and finally put it to paper about a year ago. The only problem here is finding the dressing. I use to buy Kroger brand Parmesan and Pepper. They discontinued it. Boo! Then I used Marzetti Asiago Peppercorn. They stopped selling it here, and it's a little spicy, so whatever. I have since found a perfect combo. It takes minimal work and tastes great.

1 bottle of Kraft Three Cheese Ranch, 1 bottle of Kraft Peppercorn Ranch - poor them out in a bowl, mix and then return to bottles, voila! You have two bottles of dressing that is perfect for this dish. Thank heavens for ingenuity!

If you can find it:
Parmesan Peppercorn or some other cheese and peppercorn dressing will work. I do not recommend using only Peppercorn Ranch. I've tried it and it's just not as good. It will work in a pinch though.

Lemon – Pepper Chicken


Ingredients:


  • 2-3 Chicken Breast cut into strips or bite sized chunks
  • 1 tbs Olive Oil
  • 2 tbs Lemon Pepper Seasoning (McCormick’s California Style)
  • ¼ c Lemon Juice
  • ½ -1 lb Extra Wide Egg Noodles (Just however many you need, I like to use the whole lb and save leftovers for lunch the next day.
  • 1 bottle Cheese & Peppercorn Dressing as mentioned above.


Instructions:


I like to get my dressing out first thing, to let it warm up a bit, so that it's easy to pour :)

Cut up the Chicken Breasts as you prefer. Pour the Olive Oil in the skillet and add your chicken. Add the Lemon Juice and Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Use a spatula to mix it around a bit.

Put water in a pot and add the noodles. Put the water on high and the chicken on med to med-high heat, depending on how it’s cooking. If you feel that you’re running out of fluids on the chicken you can add more lemon juice if you like and cover the skillet.

Cook my noodles slightly al dente. Once the noodles are done, drain them and place a bed of noodles on plates. Place the fully cooked chicken atop the noodles and drizzle the Parmesan and Pepper Dressing over the entire dish. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment